Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Random Thoughts

* I believe we will find out our plant closing date this week.

* I believe we will not have a new contract this week.

* I can't believe we are having ANOTHER union election this year.

* I think GM would love nothing more than to bankrupt its North American operations.

* I think Mr. Marlow is more interested in an International appointment than being our Shop Chairman.

* I think Mr. Marlow will still beat SC Harlow....easily.

* How many people have taken a buyout and succeeded in anything?

* I think all the talk about Transfer Rights is just a smoke screen to keep people distracted from real issues.

* Does anyone in the Dayton media really care that we are losing our jobs?

* I wish everyone would read The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey....its life changing.

* Does everyone REALLY think they are going to be a nurse?

* I have to admit, i am a little excited about starting fresh.

* I do not think GM will ever build another product in Dayton, even though it makes a lot of sense.

* For the first time in my life, i wont rule out test driving a Toyota.

* Considering my Father, Grandfather, 2 uncles and 3 Great uncles all retired from GM/Frigidaire/Delco/Delphi...i cant help but feel a little embarrassed that Moraine Assembly is closing during my tenure....even if it isn't my fault.

* I am not so sure I'd be feeling all that great about my health insurance in the hands of union if i was a retiree.

* I wonder if we will ever find out exactly when the decision was made to close our plant. Trust me, it wasn't June 3rd 2008.

* I remember when my Dad wouldn't allow a foreign car to park in his driveway.

* Voting for George W. Bush may be the most embarrassing thing i have ever done.

* I wonder if Toyota assembly plants have stupid motto's that they don't understand or care about like "One Driven Team, Building Customer Dreams.

* I think cutting edge product design is what actually builds customer enthusiasm.

* I think Quality should be expected, not something to get excited about.

* For some strange reason i don't feel like i wasted the last 14 years, even though i think i might have.

* Does anyone really still think we will be working next year?

* Rick Waggoner is a clown, but i think Jim Clark isn't much better.

* I wonder how many of my co-workers actually have a plan for when the plant closes.

* I think the next 60 days are going to be the longest of my life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

My own random thought

We've been blaming our local leadership the last few terms, but are they the ones to blame? Maybe we need change from the top down.

MoraineAutoWorker@gmail.com said...

I couldn't agree more! Jim Clark and the rest of those clowns in International need to be held accountable for all of this even more than our local leaders.

Anonymous said...

How do you think John and Gaylen could spend the last year negotiating with Harry Bogan and GM and not also know the closing date! Wake Up People!

Anonymous said...

I think Gaylen Turner is the one that want an International Job. The last time the plant went into recievership Gaylen was the person the International APPOINTED as President. So what does that tell you!

Anonymous said...

I want to know why Brenda Collins is still in our plant working with her 1999 seniority. Larry Harlow is still in the plant to. If you are layed off And you got more time than them i would demand my sub weeks back.

Anonymous said...

I voted for Gaylen Turner but I didn’t vote for John Harlow because he seamed to be a very shady fellow. I have seen this in his eyes and his actions along with his BIG Attitude. Along with his butt buddy Rob Alsept. I just wonder who is really running the union hall because it sure isn’t Gaylen Turner. These JOKERS need to go I just don’t trust them. Since they have had agreement Since March and we haven’t herd any thing about. And they are still out of the plant doing what ever they want while Management is running wild in the plant. With all of this I think an Election is just what we need.I will not make the same mistake voteing for Gaylen.

Anonymous said...

I would vote for someone with less than ten years.