Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Slow Fade


Two days from now another light goes off here at Moraine Assembly. By midnight friday, another chapter in our history will be closed. Moraine Assembly will be down to just one operating shift, and the clock will be ticking louder than ever. By now, only the most optimistic among us believe that our plant can be saved. The rest of us hear the death knell tolling in the distance and we know it is getting closer by the minute. There are, however, still many questions. There are many uncertainties. There is anxiety and quite honestly there is fear. We need leadership. We need direction. We need answers. Desperately.

I encourage anyone and everyone to be at our union meeting this weekend. We have so little time remaining. If we are going to be heard, IT MUST BE NOW! We can not allow our union leaders to hide behind the cloak of "negotiations" any longer. We deserve the right to know EXACTLY what our options are so that we can plan our lives accordingly.

Another light is being turned off with each passing day. If we continue to be left in the dark we have only ourselves to blame. Its now or never.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I disagree with one little statement you made.

"If we continue to be left in the dark we have only ourselves to blame." Well I will say that I have left no stone unturned whatsoever and find that I am still in the dark. They absolutely will not divulge any truth until and unless it suits them. By "them" I do not mean management (I actually feel safer around them) I mean our Union leaders.

I believe that the membership has done everything they have the power to do except a full revolt and to be honest, we don't have the kind of people working here that are capable of that. GM purposely hired employees who just figure "that's the way things are and there's nothing they can do about it". Gone are the old skool ways. This isn't UAW and it shows. Might as well take what you can get and run!!!